How does it work?
The Champions system is a foundational, individualized ND program created from the ND Screening. It is implemented by trained Brain Coaches in our Brain Sprints Center in four-month cycles. Neurological connections are established and strengthened by adjusting the set of unique ND activities. This builds on the foundation of the previous cycle.
Coaching sessions include one or more hour(s) spent with a Brain Coach (1:1 student/teacher ratio) working on individualized activities. The first year consists of three 4-month cycles beginning with a ND Screening and continuing with daily instruction at the Brain Sprints Center. Academic testing to track progress and parent updates end each cycle.
A full evaluation may be recommended during the year instead of a ND Screening based on the needs of the child and the goals of the family.
Basis for success:
Brain Sprints’ Coaches believe that all future abilities are determined by what is presented to the individual’s brain, not what a label attempts to dictate. The focus of the Champions program is to further brain pathway development by addressing the root causes of symptoms associated with labels or learning struggles. The results – accelerated functional and academic abilities!
The Champions system address foundational brain function in 6 areas:
• gross motor • fine motor • language • auditory • visual • tactility
If an evaluation is included, the Champions System can also address concerns with behavioral, metabolic and academic challenges through the six areas of function on 9 levels of brain development.
How to get started:
1. Screening: You will then be directed to schedule a NeuroDevelopmental Screening if you have not already participated in one.
2. Register: Fill out the registration and payment information.
3. Schedule your coaching hours/Submit Payment: Contact the office to choose from the available coaching hours. Refer to the Brain Sprints’ calendar for all scheduled days for service at the center. Coaching takes place 46 weeks of the year with designated weeks for vacation and breaks.
4. Continued Champions service: A screening or in-person evaluation starts each 4-month cycle. Most children use the Brain Sprints program for 18-24 months. Every 4 months, your individual situation will be assessed and the best recommendation for moving forward will be presented.